Translate

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

When You Feel Like Packing Up And Just Leaving, Getting Out Of The Place You Feel Stuck In, And Learning To Forgive




Psa 55:6  And I said, Oh that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away, and be at rest.

Psa 55:7  Lo, then would I wander far off, and remain in the wilderness. Selah.

Psa 55:8  I would hasten my escape from the windy storm and tempest.

Barnes;

Psalms 55:6

And I said - That is, when I saw these calamities coming upon me, and knew not what the result was to be.
Oh, that I had wings like a dove! - literally, “Who will give me wings like a dove?” or, Who will give me the pinion of a dove? The original word - אבר  'êber - means properly, “a wing-feather;” a pinion; the penna major or flagfeather of a bird’s wing by which he steers his course, - as of an eagle, Isa_40:31, or of a dove, as here. It is distinguished from the wing itself, Eze_17:3 : “A great eagle, with great wings, “long-winged,” full of feathers.” The reference here is supposed to be to the turtle-dove - a species of dove common in Palestine. Compare the notes at Psa_11:1. These doves, it is said, are never tamed.

 “Confined in a cage, they droop, and, like Cowper, sigh for ‘A lodge in some vast wilderness - some boundless contiguity of shade;’ and no sooner are they set at liberty, than they flee to their mountains.” Land and the Book (Dr. Thomson), vol. i., p. 416.
For then would I fly away, and be at rest - I would escape from these dangers, and be in a place of safety. How often do we feel this in times of trouble! How often do we wish that we could get beyond the reach of enemies; of sorrows; of afflictions! How often do we sigh to be in a place where we might be assured that we should be safe from all annoyances; from all trouble! There is such a place, but not on earth.

 David might have borne his severest troubles with him if he could have fled - for those troubles are in the heart, and a mere change of place does not affect them; or he might have found new troubles in the place that seemed to him to be a place of peace and of rest. But there is a world which trouble never enters. That world is heaven; to that world we shall soon go, if we are God’s children; and there we shall find absolute and eternal rest. Without “the wings of a dove,” we shall soon fly away and be at rest. None of the troubles of earth will accompany us there; no new troubles will spring up there to disturb our peace.

Psalms 55:7

Lo, then would I wander far off - literally, “Lo, I would make the distance far by wandering;” I would separate myself far from these troubles.
And remain in the wilderness - literally, I would sojourn; or, I would pass the night; or, I would put up for the night.

 The idea is taken from a traveler who puts up for the night, or who rests for a night in his weary travels, and seeks repose. Compare Gen_19:2; Gen_32:21; 2Sa_12:16; Jdg_19:13. The word “wilderness” means, in the Scripture, a place not inhabited by man; a place where wild beasts resort; a place uncultivated. It does not denote, as with us, an extensive forest. It might be a place of rocks and sands, but the essential idea is, that it was not inhabited. See the notes at Mat_4:1. In such a place, remote from the habitations of people, he felt that he might be at rest.

Spurgen:

We are all too apt to utter this vain desire, for vain it is; no wings of doves or eagles could bear us away from the sorrows of a trembling heart. Inward grief knows nothing of place. Moreover, it is cowardly to shun the battle which God would have us fight. We had better face the danger, for we have no armour for our backs. He had need of a swifter conveyance than doves' pinions who would outfly slander; he may be at rest who does not fly, but commends his case to his God. Even the dove of old found no rest till she returned to her ark, and we amid all our sorrow may find rest in Jesus. We need not depart; all will be well if we trust in him.
Psa_55:7

“Lo, then would I wander far off.” Yet when David was far off, he sighed to be once more near Jerusalem; thus, in our ill estate we ever think the past to be better than the present. We shall be called to fly far enough away, and perchance we shall be loth to go; we need not indulge vain notions of premature escape from earth. “And remain in the wilderness.” He found it none such a dear abode when there, yet resolves now to make it his permanent abode

We have all been there, many of us are there now, and we just wish we could get away, troubles press upon us. The place you are at may have no jobs, or much violence, safety is a concern, others may have been in the same little town all their life and just want out to see the world, yet others due to many problems, let downs and abuses feel a move will cure the inner pain and hurt.

 Dear reader, I know from experience a geographical Exodus never changes anything, because you take your hurts, wounds, troubles, anger, and yourself with you. You may pack your suitcases, or toss what you have in the back of a car, but your heart goes were you go, Jesus goes where you go.

Being a traveling minister 34 years, I know of being persecuted in \one city and fleeing to another, this is different. I have in the past due to blowing my testimony and sinning, (long ago), packed up and left, with a bitter heart, I was hurt by a person or people, and so off I took my family and we traveled across the USA, from East Coast to West Coast, and later from West coast to East cost, every time, after a while I soon found out, the move did not help  anything, because my heart was still wounded and I did not deal with the hurt and let down.

Psa 55:12  For it was not an enemy that reproached me; then I could have borne it: neither was it he that hated me that did magnify himself against me; then I would have hid myself from him:

Psa 55:13  But it was thou, a man mine equal, my guide, and mine acquaintance.

Psa 55:14  We took sweet counsel together, and walked unto the house of God in company.

As A Christian, we have all been stabbed in the back, we have given all we had to give, just to have the person turn on us, this is life, the secret to it all as King David learned and the commentaries bring out, it does no good to run away, we must make our stand, and face the battles of life. Sometimes it can take a long time to get over a situation and person that really hurt you.

 Maybe an X spouse, or X friend you thought was your best friend for life, a co-worker you trusted, a parent that committed sin against you when you were young, verbal abuse, physical abuse, sexual abuse, and so forth.

Dear remnant one, you are not alone, we have all been there and many are going through some of this right now, so what do we do?

Flee to the lord, not another state, flee to him in prayer, love even your enemies, love and forgive. Live at peace with all men, as much as you possibly can, and after having done all to stand. Stand. Prayer can heal many wounds, many wounds like the death of a loved one can take years to get over, abuse can take  just as long, if not longer, because your still alive and it tries to invade your thinking .

I pray today, for those who can relate to this message, to those who have been abused, to those who have taken all they can take and are ready to break. I pray for you that you will find peace in the midst of your storm. It is to late in the game to hold on to anger, so let it go, the lord will give you the strength to do the impossible, forgive someone that really did you wrong and he will give you strength to love your enemies. I can testify to this in my own life, it works, it takes time, but it starts with you saying in prayer,’Ok lord I am ready, now I need your strength and power to do this today, I make a choice to get over this and on with my life'

The lord will meet you, give the needed strength and he gives us all the promise.

Tears may endure for the night, but joy comes in the morning. May today be the first day of the rest of your life.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service