Translate

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Distress, cramped In, But A Larger Place And Your Deliverance Is On The Way



Psa 18:6  In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried unto my God: he heard my voice out of his temple, and my cry came before him, even into his ears.

Hebrew Distress

H6862
צר    צר
tsar  tsâr
tsar, tsawr
From H6887; narrow; (as a noun) a tight place (usually figuratively, that is, trouble); also a pebble (as in H6864); (transitively) an opponent (as crowding): - adversary, afflicted (-tion), anguish, close, distress, enemy, flint, foe, narrow, small, sorrow, strait, tribulation, trouble.

H6887
צרר
tsârar
tsaw-rar'
A primitive root; to cramp, literally or figuratively, transitively or intransitively: - adversary, (be in) afflict (-ion), besiege, bind (up), (be in, bring) distress, enemy, narrower, oppress, pangs, shut up, be in a strait (trouble), vex.

In The Greek, the Word Tribulation has the same meaning as The Hebrew word for distress, a small, cramped in place, pressed in.etc…

Psa 18:19  He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.

Once delivered from distress, being a narrow place, tight place, cramped and shut up, we read now the lords deliverance from Saul brought King David into a large place, the complete opposite, this is what deliverance brings a larger place, not meaning a bigger home LOL. I wish I am in a very, very small one bedroom apt with three adults, not fun.

Clarke;

Psalms 18:19

He brought me forth also into a large place - He enabled me to clear the country of my foes, who had before cooped me up in holes and corners. This appears to be the allusion.

JFB;

A large place — denotes safety or relief, as contrasted with the straits of distress (Psa_4:1). All his deliverance is ascribed to God, and this sublime poetical representation is given to inspire the pious with confidence and the wicked with dread.

Psa 4:1  To the chief Musician on Neginoth, A Psalm of David. Hear me when I call, O God of my righteousness: thou hast enlarged me when I was in distress; have mercy upon me, and hear my prayer.

Wesely:

Psalms 18:19
Brought - Out of my straits and difficulties, into a state of freedom and comfort. So he ascribes all his mercies to God's good pleasure, as the first spring of them.

Barnes:

He brought me forth also into a large place - Instead of being hemmed in by enemies, and straitened in my troubles, so that I seemed to have no room to move, he brought me into a place where I had ample room, and where I could act freely.

Henry:

The more earnest we have been with God for deliverance, and the more direct answer it is to our prayers, the more we are obliged to be thankful.

David's deliverances were so, Psa_18:6. David was found a praying man, and God was found a prayer-hearing God. If we pray as he did, we shall speed as he did. Though distress drive us to prayer, God will not therefore be deaf to us; nay, being a God of pity, he will be the more ready to succour ( Help ) us.

The greater the difficulties are that lie in the way of deliverance the more glorious the deliverance is.

God will not only deliver his people out of their troubles in due time, but he will sustain them and bear them up under their troubles in the mean time.

He brought me forth also out of my straits into a large place, where I had room, not only to turn, but to thrive in.”

 It was a token of God's favor to him, and that made it doubly sweet: “He delivered me because he delighted in me, not for my merit, but for his own grace and good-will.” Compare this with 2Sa_15:26, If he thus say, I have no delight in thee, here I am. We owe our salvation, that great deliverance, to the delight God had in the Son of David, in whom he has declared himself to be well pleased.

In singing this, we must triumph in God, and trust in him: and we may apply it to Christ the Son of David. The sorrows of death surrounded him; in his distress he prayed (Heb_5:7); God made the earth to shake and tremble, and the rocks to cleave, and brought him out, in his resurrection, into a large place, because he delighted in him and in his undertaking.

Deliverance, this is the key word and message, our lord still delivers now and in the hard days ahead.
 One day we will be in a place that is not cramped, and free to move about without distress, in its fulfillment it will be when we are heaven. In this world we have tribulations, sufferings, trials and such, this battle never stops, while we are on earth, but while we are on earth and in a bad place, circumstances, distress, in need, the lord also brings deliverance's and we all know and have experienced this.

When something you are battling is finally dealt with and the lord delivers, it is sweet, he gets all the credit, we sing and praise him in persecution and deliverance.

We can look back at all the time we can say as King David, If it were not for the Lord....

I have said this many times, if it had not been for the lord I would have died before, I would have been overcome by enemies, the lord is our deliver, on earth and 100% complete deliverance in heaven.

Dear saint whatever you are going through right now, the lord loves you and one day, the sun will again shine, you will be set free from the thing and you will know it was all the lord.

We can not escape, plan our way out, strategize our way out when we are hemmed in a tight place of tribulation and distress, we can look to the lord, cry out for deliverance in prayer as Kind David did, and saints of old and saints today.

 Prayer is the answer, prayer is the way, looking to the lord alone will keep our minds on this glorious heavenly prospective.

The lord loves you, he cares about you, he wants to reveal His love to you, we must grasp this revelation, the lord loves his people. The enemies, problems and circumstances, as Rom Ch 8, says, nothing can separate us from the love of God.

Rom 8:35  Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? shall tribulation, or distress, or persecution, or famine, or nakedness, or peril, or sword?

Rom 8:36  As it is written, For thy sake we are killed all the day long; we are accounted as sheep for the slaughter.

Rom 8:37  Nay, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us.

Rom 8:38  For I am persuaded, that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor powers, nor things present, nor things to come,

Rom 8:39  Nor height, nor depth, nor any other creature, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.

NOTHING can separate ourselves from the love of the lord, not the coming wars, coming famine, death, pestilences, nothing, we are more than conquers, we have the victory and we have already won, if we stay with the lord, we have won.

We fear nothing that is coming, nothing we are going through, as we know the lord will hear our prayers and grant us a peace that surpasses all understanding.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service