Translate

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

David Wilkerson's Devotional Today It is Powerful Truth

 Note, as always , right after I posted this I sparked up e-sword, Myers devotional said almost the same thing, think of the wonder of that, both me are dead, one, Myers dead a while, but their words still speak, as the word of God is truly Alive and active, to think from two different sources, on the same day, the same word,That dear reader is what is called a divine confirmation, the lord saying by His spirit, a witness by two or three, it is the real word for today amen, Meyrs is below, see what  I mean. Wild, The lord is so good, the holy spirit, those who have the real deal and are in sound bible doctrine will always have the inner and outer witness with the rest of the remnant ones, this is a truth.

David Wilkerson Today



WEDNESDAY, AUGUST 29, 2012



FOCUS ON HELPING OTHERS

by David Wilkerson

[May 19, 1931 - April 27, 2011]



We should not have to travel past our own neighborhood to have the greatest

kind of revival imaginable. God says that if we will deal our bread to the

hungry, bring the poor into our house, cover the naked, and give of our own

soul to the starving and suffering, He will guide us and provide for us

continually. We will be like a well-watered garden — a spring whose waters

never fail (see Isaiah 58:10-11).                                             

                                              



God is telling us, "Focus on helping others! Reach out to the poor and hurting,

and I will answer you, guide you, and satisfy you. You will be a spring of life

to others and your blessings will never fail."



If you are not comfortable with this Old Testament teaching, listen to what

Jesus said in the New Testament:



"For I was an hungered, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me

no drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me

not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not. Then shall they also answer

him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungered, or athirst, or a stranger, or

naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee? Then shall he

answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of

the least of these, ye did it not to me. And these shall go away into

everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal" (Matthew

25:42-46).



"Whoso hath this world's good, and seeth his brother have need, and shutteth up

his bowels of compassion from him, how dwelleth the love of God in him?" (1 John

3:17).



At this point you may be saying, "I'd like to be compassionate, to help the

needy. How can I make a change?"



I can only tell you that God will answer this prayer: "Lord, I see all the

human need around me. I know that the only Jesus my city may ever see is the

one they will see through me and my church. God, You are going to have to

direct me. I'm ready with my wallet, my house, my time, so show me where to go,

Lord." Rest assured that God will bring those needs to your doorstep.












August 29

OUR DUTY TOWARDS OUR NEIGHBOUR
"Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." -- Mat_22:39; Lev_19:9-18.

OUR NEIGHBOUR is the next person who needs our help, man, woman, or child. It is enough that your help is needed, and that you are near! As we read this paragraph from the old Jewish law we see who are our neighbours, and what we are to do for them.


We must give them a chance to live (Mat_22:9-10). We have no right to waste anything that may be of service to others, or to use for ourselves all our possessions. There must always be a margin left which we can give to those who are in need. Well would it be if each reader of these lines would set apart a certain proportion of produce and increase, as well as money, for the cause of Christ and His poor.


We must not withhold payments which are due (Mat_22:13). How many tradesmen and others have been ruined by the long delays of customers in settling their accounts. If only all Christian people would insist on paying cash, especially to small shopkeepers, what a blessed revolution would ensue. It is neither honest nor just to withhold payment from those to whom it is due.
We must be very gentle and considerate to those who suffer from any infirmity (Mat_22:14). God's Love is always endeavouring to make up in some way to those who are handicapped. The blind Milton sings of Paradise, and Helen Keller has been enabled to triumph over insuperable obstacles. We are to become ears to the deaf and eyes to the blind.


We must not hesitate to rebuke sin (Mat_22:17). This needs deep humility, tact, the removal of the beam from one's own eye, the love of Christ for souls; but how much might be done if we would stay the little rift within the lute!


We must not bear a grudge (Mat_22:18). All, this is hard! To feel hurt, to take offence, to be cold and stiff, to stand at a distance, how many of us fail here! But we must act and speak to others in the power of God's Love, as we would do if there were no grudge within.
The lawyer asked Christ: "Who is my neighbour?" suggesting that some one should neighbour him. Our Lord reversed his inquiry, saying in effect: "Whom will you neighbour?" If you go through life seeking people to neighbour you, life will be full of disappointment; but blessed is he who seeks to neighbour others; he shall not lack those who, in the hour of trial, will neighbour him.

PRAYER
O Lord, soften our hard and steely hearts, warm our icy and frozen hearts, that we may wish well to one another, and may be the true disciples of Jesus Christ. AMEN.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service