Translate

Monday, August 27, 2012

OVERCOMING YOUR FEAR OF FAITH Gary Wilkerson

David Wilkerson Today



MONDAY, AUGUST 27, 2012



OVERCOMING YOUR FEAR OF FAITH

by Gary Wilkerson





People experience a broad spectrum of fears. Psychologists say that almost

everyone has a fear of death; others fear being alone, while many are afraid of

being in crowds. Public speaking is another common source of fear.



Some of us miss out on the greatest gifts in life because of fear. God wants to

birth certain things in your heart and you miss out on them because you are

afraid to risk the faith necessary to get involved in what God has.



A number of years ago my wife and I were living in New York City and working

with Times Square Church. The Lord clearly spoke to our hearts about planting a

church in London, England. It was a big risk and rather scary. We did not have

many resources and knew very few people in England, but we were committed to

trusting God.



A place to live in London had been made available to us but just a few weeks

before we were due to leave, the plans for that home fell apart. What were we

going to do?



We were scheduled to spend two weeks in South Africa leading a group on a

short-term missions trip before going on to England to live. While there my

wife and I stayed in the home of a South African businessman. One morning the

man asked me, “Are you okay?” I responded, “I’m kinda worried about

something.” Then I told him about our plan to move to London and shared that

we did not have a place to live.



“I love London and, as a matter of fact, I own a house there,” the

businessman shared. Then a few days later he said to me, “Here are the keys

to my house. It’s yours to use whenever you need it.”



I was concerned that we were going to have to cancel our plans — but God was

there! A couple from New York had to go to South Africa to find a home in

London. Only God can orchestrate something like that!



I believe God sets us up to do things that seem difficult at the time but wind

up being a God-story. After something like that happens, you walk around with

confidence and boldness in your heart, knowing that God will provide.






 

2 comments:

  1. Access your space made ​​me very well!
    I praise God for your life!

    I did leave a little something, hope you like acrostic

    C ultivar uma vida de oração.
    R evigorar-se pela leitura diária da Palavra.
    E star sempre disposto a obedecer a Deus.
    S er uma testemunha fiel no viver e no falar.
    C onsagrar a Deus seu corpo, tempo e talentos.
    E sperar de Deus a orientação para a vida.
    R evestir-se do poder do Espírito Santo.

    We need to GROW in grace and knowledge of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.
    Already following you, and waiting there in my space, feel free to comment below and also will be honored.

    In Christ,

    ***Lucy***

    Peace, health and happiness to you and your entire family is my wish and prayer.







    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucy sister long time no hear, thank you for that insightful comment PTL, and bless you and your family and ministry

    ReplyDelete

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service