Translate

Sunday, September 2, 2012

The Hard Way Dc Talk Music Video And Message, Some Of Us Have To Learn The Hard Way



Mat 25:34  Then shall the King say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world:

Mat 25:35  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me drink: I was a stranger, and ye took me in:

Mat 25:36  Naked, and ye clothed me: I was sick, and ye visited me: I was in prison, and ye came unto me.

Mat 25:37  Then shall the righteous answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, and fed thee? or thirsty, and gave thee drink?

Mat 25:38  When saw we thee a stranger, and took thee in? or naked, and clothed thee?

Mat 25:39  Or when saw we thee sick, or in prison, and came unto thee?

Mat 25:40  And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.

Mat 25:41  Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye cursed, into everlasting fire, prepared for the devil and his angels:

Mat 25:42  For I was an hungred, and ye gave me no meat: I was thirsty, and ye gave me no drink:

Mat 25:43  I was a stranger, and ye took me not in: naked, and ye clothed me not: sick, and in prison, and ye visited me not.

Mat 25:44  Then shall they also answer him, saying, Lord, when saw we thee an hungred, or athirst, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister unto thee?

Mat 25:45  Then shall he answer them, saying, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye did it not to one of the least of these, ye did it not to me.

Mat 25:46  And these shall go away into everlasting punishment: but the righteous into life eternal.

I was one of those who for many years had to learn everything the hard way. Most X addicts and ones who come from broken dysfunctional homes are this way. 



I tried and tried to kick against the pricks and ended up with only bloody feet and a broken heart. I was young than, now I am old. Many of us have no other way to be taught, but by the rod of correction.

 I was never told what to do as a teen, I was wild, it was Sex, drugs and rock and roll. After I came to Christ at age 17, I had a very long road ahead, it was filled with pits, holes, falling, sinning, falling away, getting back up, asking people to forgive me because I did something very UN- Christ like. It is a hard long road for many.

This is also why I ended up an Evangelist and did my share of prison ministry. I can 100% relate to the DC Talk video.

Now that I can look back and wish I did many things different, I have learned pay it forward, visit the sick, go to prisons, go to the hurting, the drug addicts, go where there is need, human suffering and need is everywhere. 


Many are there because of sin, and the life style they chose, that has now become their prison of their own making. It is the gospel message to do the works of Jesus, when we do it to, and for others, we do unto our lord.

Maybe you had a great life, a stable life, a great set of parents, raised proper, many of us were not and so the hard way it is.


 The lord in his mercy knows how to take a Saul and Turn him into a Paul, there is hope for everyone, we must be Jesus hands, feet, eyes, and in love minister to others.

 Ministry to others, sharing the Gospel is why we are on this earth.

In James we read a lot about works, yes it is salvation by faith alone, I had years of trouble, as have many ministers, scholars, commentaries and such, understanding the Epistle of James, did you know it almost was not included in our bible? it is true.


 I now understand,  faith with out works is dead, what it means is, Faith that works, look at it that way Faith that works and you will understand many things concerning works. If it is all unto our lord and not self it is a Joy to our lord.

Let this word speak to your heart and some will relate to the message and song, yes many of us must learn the hard way, that is OK, as long as we learn as we grow in grace.



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service