Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Guide Me, Receive Me

Psa 73:24  With Your counsel You will guide me, And afterward receive me to glory.

As we come to the close of the year 2014 perhaps this is a favorable time for reflection of some highlights of this year 2014. As I spend time reflecting upon those times of doubt and wonder, those times of fleshly desire, those times when intellect supersedes faith to believe and trust in Him-I realize one important thing. He was there right beside me the whole time. He would counsel and guide me-as long as I was willing to listen to His still small voice.

Thou shalt guide me with thy counsel. I have done with choosing my own way, and trying to pick a path amid the jungle of reason. He yielded not only the point in debate, but all intention of debating, and he puts his hand into that of the great Father, asking to be led, and agreeing to follow. Our former mistakes are a blessing, when they drive us to this. The end of our own wisdom is the beginning of our being wise. With Him is counsel, and when we come to him, we are sure to be led aright. And afterward. “Afterward!” Blessed word...
               The Treasury of David

Php 1:6  For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in you will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.

The second half of this verse in the Psalms: And afterward receive me to glory.  The Treasury of David as quoted above says "Afterward! Blessed word". As the years go by we get closer to the day of Christ Jesus as it says in Paul's letter to the Philippians. As the year 2015 comes upon us now I must ask myself this: Will I cherish whole heartily that "He who began a good work in me will perfect it until the day of Jesus Christ"?

Let's conclude today with this illustrious devotional excerpt from C.H. Spurgeon:



From day to day and from year to year my faith believes in the wisdom and love of God, and I know that I shall not believe in vain. No good word of His has ever failed, and I am sure that none shall ever fall to the ground. I put myself into His hand for guidance. I know not the way that I should choose: the LORD shall choose mine inheritance for me. I need counsel and advice; for my duties are intricate, and my condition is involved. . . The counsel of the infallible God I seek in preference to my own judgment or the advice of friends. . .Soon the end will come: a few more years and I must depart out of this world unto the Father. My LORD will be near my bed. He will meet me at heaven's gate: He will welcome me to the gloryland. I shall not be a stranger in heaven: my own God and Father will receive me to its endless bliss.



Glory be to Him who

Will guide me here,

And receive me hereafter. Amen.

By C.H. Spurgeon







This post available on GodTube:

Guide Me, Receive Me



This post available on SoundCloud (mp3)

Guide Me, Receive Me


God Bless You Today! 
Your Brother In Christ, Pastor Bob



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service