Saturday, December 6, 2014

Kadeshbarnea- Never To Old To Do Spiritual Battle

I did a message on some of this, in Pt 2, it will first look at something that stuck me.

Jos 14:6 Then the children of Judah came unto Joshua in Gilgal: and Caleb the son of Jephunneh the Kenezite said unto him, Thou knowest the thing that the LORD said unto Moses the man of God concerning me and thee in Kadeshbarnea.

Jos 14:7 Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.

Jos 14:7 Forty years old was I when Moses the servant of the LORD sent me from Kadeshbarnea to espy out the land; and I brought him word again as it was in mine heart.

Jos 14:8 Nevertheless my brethren that went up with me made the heart of the people melt: but I wholly followed the LORD my God.


Kadeshbarnea- Hebrew;

H6947

קָדֵשׁ בַּרְנֵעַ
qâdêsh barnêa‛
kaw-dashe' bar-nay'-ah
From the same as H6946 and an otherwise unused word (apparently compounded of a correspondent to H1251 and a derivative of H5128) meaning desert of a fugitive; Kadesh of (the) Wilderness of Wandering; Kadesh-Barnea, a place in the Desert: - Kadesh-barnea.

Desert of A fugative, wilderness wandering.

Caleb in our text is reflected back many years ago,now an old man the event was still fresh in mind, and he had to get it across to Joshua. Caleb was older FYI.

Gill:

concerning thee and me, in Kadeshbarnea; the place from whence the spies were sent, and whither they returned to Moses there, of whom Caleb speaks with great respect and veneration, which he knew would be very pleasing and endearing to Joshua, who could not but remember what had been said by him concerning himself and Caleb, though it was now forty five years ago; it being so very striking and memorable, that only two of that generation then present should enter into the land of Canaan; the fulfillment of which, in all its circumstances, they had lived to see.

The lit. place where the 10 spies were sent out, one of the great downfalls of the Hebrews History. Joshua and Caleb, had a different spirit, a good report, the rest a bad report, and their bad report spread through the whole camp, and the peoples heart melted. Sad, What was the difference in the others spies, and our two heroes, they had a different spirit, a spirit of Valor and faith. No matter what it looked like, no matter how tall the cities gates were, no matter if there were giants in the land, they said, " It is ours".

Listen, this memory, this place, this event, is no small matter. Think if all the spies had the same spirit as our two heroes, they would have taken , at that time, the promise land.

This spirit of valor and faith, 100% faith in Abba Father, as a child when you were first saved, maybe the first couple years.

The lord moves in progression, many times, not always, the lord will do great things in new converts, work miracles why? they have a different spirit, they honestly have not yet been corrupted, or sermonized to death, what they read they believe and down go the giants. The progress is normal.

Later, discipleship ( this word means), discipline, trials, tribulation, this is the next step in our Christian walk, maturity.

Our two heroes had this great spirit of faith so long ago, for years they traveled the desert and saw so much bad happen. That was a great trial, a tribulation, only they and those under 20 entered the promise land.
Think of this, my point.

You, me, we have been on the same road, what many of us do later in life, because of non- ending hardship, is we settle and think, “this is it, the way it will always be, the end is on us, so what can I do, but wait”.

WAIT, LISTEN, I have a word for you reader. You may be a Sr. saint, or saved a while. Something is missing, you are not sure what, but you know your walk with the lord is not what it once was. It does not have to be this way. Caleb in our text was still speaking a tad angry when he recalled the spies that had the bad report. They had more than a life’s share in the desert wondering.

They kept the, different spirit. Caleb , an old man, was so ready, so the same , after all this we read.

Jos 14:10 And now, behold, the LORD hath kept me alive, as he said, these forty and five years, even since the LORD spake this word unto Moses, while the children of Israel wandered in the wilderness: and now, lo, I am this day fourscore and five years old.

Jos 14:11 As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.

Jos 14:12 Now therefore give me this mountain, whereof the LORD spake in that day; for thou heardest in that day how the Anakims were there, and that the cities were great and fenced: if so be the LORD will be with me, then I shall be able to drive them out, as the LORD said.

Verse 10 is the 40 plus year trial, that is a long time. verse 11, Caleb’s resolve.


Jos 14:11 As yet I am as strong this day as I was in the day that Moses sent me: as my strength was then, even so is my strength now, for war, both to go out, and to come in.

That is simply amazing.

What can we learn from this. Your never to old to battle, but you may need to say as King David Did,
"Create in me a clean heart O God, and RENEW A RIGHT SPIRIT WITHIN ME"

The Holy Spirit is always doing one of two things in our life.

1.Convicting or

2. Renewing

( I Know the H.S. Comforts, leads, teaches, Ok, my point is there are two main things the H.S. Does in men's hearts)

So let us move on to renewal, restoration. Restoration in the bible means to make something, better than it was, only God could do this. Better than it was YES!

In Davids words we have the two workings of the Holy Spirit.
He said create in me a clean heart, conviction , the whole psalm is.

Next renewal, create in me a RIGHT spirit.

The right spirit, the spirit of power, valor, grace, victory can be yours, no matter how many years you feel you have been wondering, aimless, no direction, not knowing what to do, I will tell you what to do, Take back that mountain.

Jos 14:12 Now therefore give me this mountain, ......

We must say to darkness, self, giants and walls, give me this mountain. Valor, the right spirit, a different spirit than what most have.
Over the years of maturity you may have lost that child like faith, but Jesus says this is not an option.
"Whoever does not have the faith like this little child, shall in no way see the kingdom of God"
That is a strong Christian imperative , would you not say.

I ask you, have you lost your first love, your child like faith, have you let the days we live in, get you so filled with fear, regret, what you could have, should have done. It is over, covered, after repentance, step one.
One prayer away saint, make that prayer today, so you can say as Caleb, Give me this mountain.


No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service