Translate

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Dealing With Depression Of Spirit And Mind

First what Spurgeon says;

“My heart is like wax; it is melted in the midst of my bowels.”

- Psa_22:14

Our blessed Lord experienced a terrible sinking and melting of soul. “The spirit of a man will sustain his infirmity, but a wounded spirit who can bear?”

 Deep depression of spirit is the most grievous of all trials; all besides is as nothing.

 Well might the suffering Saviour cry to his God, “Be not far from me,” for above all other seasons a man needs his God when his heart is melted within him because of heaviness.

Believer, come near the cross this morning, and humbly adore the King of glory as having once been brought far lower, in mental distress and inward anguish, than any one among us; and mark his fitness to become a faithful High Priest, who can be touched with a feeling of our infirmities. Especially let those of us whose sadness springs directly from the withdrawal of a present sense of our Father’s love, enter into near and intimate communion with Jesus. Let us not give way to despair, since through this dark room the Master has passed before us.

Our souls may sometimes long and faint, and thirst even to anguish, to behold the light of the Lord’s countenance: at such times let us stay ourselves with the sweet fact of the sympathy of our great High Priest.

Reader, understand depression in heart, your seat of emotions happens to us all, anyone can have an eclipse of faith, anyone can feel for some reason separated from the father, by circumstances, distractions, troubles and sorrow.

In this day and age I have seen more people with depression of heart, spirit, than I have ever seen in many years of ministry. Many are in this place due to sin, falling away from the lord, but many real Christians are facing this, a dark cloud seems to always be over them and they do not know what to do. What do you do in this case? Let me give some advice, I have been there many times, I do not look down on anyone facing this, so I speak from my own heart and own suffering, and what I have learned.

Like everything, you will find books by Christian super stars that always say the seven steps to victory in your thinking and such titles, everyone is different and there are never any set steps for each person, sorry that sells books but does not help much. These writers and teachers in Ivory towers are laughing all the way to the bank and you may still be sitting in a dark place, alone feeling nothing but despair.

Before I give my input first read, and this is odd as it is today’s devotion, I just saw it 100% true, Spurgeon’s yes read that, as I was writing I stopped to take a prayer break before I wrote anything, coming back I read Meyers devotion, same thing I want to say, so I start with his devotion today, amazing confirmation of Spirit, in real time PTL.

GOD'S CHALLENGE TO MAN

"Where wast thou when I laid the foundations of the earth? Declare if thou hast understanding."-- Job_38:4.


IN This mighty chapter, God seems to draw near to the perplexed and stricken soul, who sits brooding over the problems of human life, and points out that mysteries equally insoluble are above his head and under his feet; that he lives and moves amongst them. Man frets and despairs over a mystery forced upon him by sorrow and loss. He cannot interpret it, and is shaken to the heart; but the whole universe teems with mystery.

Man cannot explain the creation of the world, the separation of sky and earth, the reflex influences of the one on the other. Light and darkness, wind and rain, snow and ice, storm and sunshine; the instincts of the animal creation these defy man's absolute understanding.

But who frets at the inscrutable mystery which enshrouds these natural phenomena! We use all of them, and make them serve our purpose.

We cannot be surprised, therefore, if we discover similar mysteries in God's dealings with ourselves. He does not answer our questions by always telling us His secret reasoning’s. His thoughts and ways are as much higher than ours, as the heavens are higher than the earth, and we could not more understand His reasons than tiny children can the mysteries of human life. But behind all mystery the Father's heart is beating, and a Father's voice is pleading, that we should trust Him.

Little children, you cannot understand, but you are infinitely dear to Me; I have many things to say to you, but you cannot bear them now; "what I do, thou knowest not now, but thou shalt know hereafter.'" Trust me, and "let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."

I see the lord wants this word, this message, posted today; it is for a few people, so I pray you get some hope and some rest this day.

It may surprise you what I will say as one point, it is not spiritual, it is about the human body, what you eat, or toxins you digest. In my own life and it must be with others, a poor diet, due to being poor, we must eat what we can and it is pasta, canned food, cheese etc. If you live in another country most have better foods to eat, with GMO foods that fill you up and have no nutrition value at all this is huge, the additives in all processed food is also very bad. I have found this alone is very bad for the mind, your body and it effects your emotions. WE are what we eat. Add pollution, aluminum, toxic metals, on and on. This all is not good. This is a big reason why so many feel sick all the time; feel depressed, it is poor diet. I understand that is not very spiritual, but look at what you eat, read labels, also so called high priced 100% organic, is no longer the case, many, many chemicals are in the soil one is silver nitrates, and other very bad things. I learned this from a master herbalist on you tube and a friend Tonny from beads and herbs, he did a thing on it, this was news to me, what can we do, detoxify with fasting and water , eating only greens, there are many ways etc. a few times a year.

Next is in put equals out put, again I have learned if I were to listen, read, watch things that were full of doom, fear etc. it effects the mind and effects your thinking. Information overload. I used to follow many tings a few years back, in the end it became an idol as I was so into other things it distracted my Christian walk. I stopped, unplugged and stay away from most things so I give all of myself to prayer, the word and my walk. News overload, information overload, the days we live in, many are in fear, many are depressed due to the day we live in, this can not be helped but by trust, faith, hope, prayer, the word, and helping others is key.

The change of life, causes changes and they are not always good, some have it worse than others, hormones out of balance, mid life crises, things sagging LOL, and over all getting older. I was out trying to do some clean up outside, I pulled a muscle, a few days have passed and I am still feeling like I was in a boxing match and I lost. Yes getting old.

Circumstances beyond our control, this is hard, it is a need in the Christian life, it keeps us reliant on the lord.
In Proverbs in a translation I no longer have I remember well one proverb it says. 'Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a thing accomplished is sweat to the soul'. Hope that is put on hold makes our heart, our emotions sick. Unanswered prayer, honest Godly living and asking for basic things that do not come or happen. I have learned from thus absolute surrender, not easy, but a must. It could be you are praying for a job, anything, you have an interview it goes well you think, hope, you have it and God knows you need it and have prayed on it , you get a call sorry no job. This can cause us to question God, and it can cause a hard heart of unbelief. The enemy wants you to lose faith, hope and trust and will do anything he can to deceive you in many ways. Hope put off, or given a NO from the lord, can crush you at first, move on, accept it and keep your eyes on the lord.

Last, exercise, this has been linked to so many sickness and depression, anxiety, you name it exercise alone and water can do wonders. These things, a mix of spiritual and our body is a big key in combating depression of spirit, mind and our outlook.

Prayer and acceptance, thanksgiving no matter what, is the number one thing that is a must in prayer life. Even when you get a NO, pray on, never stop, read LK 18, pray always and faint not, that means do not lose heart. May this speak to the readers it was given to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service