Translate

Sunday, October 25, 2015

A Time To Do Nothing But Wait And Be Still

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Clarke:

Psalms 46:10

Be still, and know that I am God - הרפו harpu, Cease from your provocations of the Divine justice; cease from murmuring against the dispensations of his providence; cease from your labor for a season, that ye may deeply reflect on the severity and goodness of God - severity to those who are brought down and destroyed; goodness to you who are raised up and exalted: - cease from sin and rebellion against your God; let that disgrace you no more, that we may no more be brought into distress and desolation.

Know that I am God - Understand that I am the Fountain of power, wisdom, justice, goodness, and truth.

Barnes:

Psalms 46:10

Be still - The word used here - from רפה râphâh - means properly to cast down; to let fall; to let hang down; then, to be relaxed, slackened, especially the hands: It is also employed in the sense of not making an effort; not putting forth exertion; and then would express the idea of leaving matters with God, or of being without anxiety about the issue. Compare Exo_14:13, “Stand still, and see the salvation of God.” In this place the word seems to be used as meaning that there was to be no anxiety; that there was to be a calm, confiding, trustful state of mind in view of the displays of the divine presence and power. The mind was to be calm, in view of the fact that God had interposed, and had shown that he was able to defend his people when surrounded by dangers.

And know that I am God - See, in what I have done, the evidence that I am God. See a work accomplished which none “but” God could effect.

Spurgeon Psalms:

Psa_46:10

Be still, and know that I am God.” Hold off your hands, ye enemies! Sit down and wait in patience, ye believers! Acknowledge that Jehovah is God, ye who feel the terrors of his wrath! Adore him, and him only, ye who partake in the protections of his grace. Since none can worthily proclaim his nature, let “expressive silence muse his praise.” The boasts of the ungodly and the timorous forebodings of the saints should certainly be hushed by a sight of what the Lord has done in past ages.

Hebrew Be Still:

H7503

רָפָה
râphâh
raw-faw'
A primitive root; to slacken (in many applications, literally or figuratively): - abate, cease, consume, draw [toward evening], fail, (be) faint, be (wax) feeble, forsake, idle, leave, let alone (go, down), (be) slack, stay, be still, be slothful, (be) weak (-en). See H7495.

H7495

רָפָה רָפָא
râphâ' râphâh
raw-faw', raw-faw'
A primitive root; properly to mend (by stitching), that is, (figuratively) to cure: - cure, (cause to) heal, physician, repair, X thoroughly, make whole. See H7503.


Beloved, I was out on the mission grounds late PM, seeking the lord in fervent prayer, his presence was so real, like a warm blanket covering me, the lord told me to do a study on this verse, and so I did. It gave great comfort. With the world being shaken and events out of control, it is a call to do nothing, but pray and believe the lord is who he said he is.

Trying to get prepared can bring with it the flesh, what we see, feel, think. It can bring anxious feelings, this is normal, but we do not need to be stuck in that place, The lord is king of all, king over everything that has to do with us today, and the days ahead.

I know , that I know, what is coming very soon. It can bring an uneasiness, why? It honestly is moving in the flesh man and not able to just sit at times , wait on the lord and know he is our refuge, the word refuge is used a few times in this short Psa. It talks about what we see today the birth pains .

The whole Psa. I will post .

Psa 46:1 To the chief Musician for the sons of Korah, A Song upon Alamoth. God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble.

Psa 46:2 Therefore will not we fear, though the earth be removed, and though the mountains be carried into the midst of the sea;

Psa 46:3 Though the waters thereof roar and be troubled, though the mountains shake with the swelling thereof. Selah.

Psa 46:4 There is a river, the streams whereof shall make glad the city of God, the holy place of the tabernacles of the most High.

Psa 46:5 God is in the midst of her; she shall not be moved: God shall help her, and that right early.

Psa 46:6 The heathen raged, the kingdoms were moved: he uttered his voice, the earth melted.

Psa 46:7 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

Psa 46:8 Come, behold the works of the LORD, what desolations he hath made in the earth.

Psa 46:9 He maketh wars to cease unto the end of the earth; he breaketh the bow, and cutteth the spear in sunder; he burneth the chariot in the fire.

Psa 46:10 Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth.

Psa 46:11 The LORD of hosts is with us; the God of Jacob is our refuge. Selah.

If that does not bring , hope, faith, encouragement , I do not know what will.

Clarke wrote something that leaped off the page;

.....cease from your labor for a season, that ye may deeply reflect on the severity and goodness of God.

That is hard for me, I have two schools, a few websites, and more, getting ready and prepping the best I can with nothing , the lord said, "Nothing:? I am everything, what do you mean nothing”? I had nothing to say, I just dropped to my knees and wept, repented and rested in his presence. Currently I am trying the fund raiser, getting the herbal school done and getting the word out, the 100% free bible college almost no one applying and I just get frustrated, the word for me, and maybe you is what Clarke said, cease from your labor for a season. That dos not mean close up shop, or close up your heart for your fellow man, it means stop, wait, have faith, hide in me, and watch what I can do, not man. This Psa, tells of the greatness of God, over our life, and over the birth pains as the seas are raging and the mountains are quaking.

This is not a call to laziness, or not ministering, it is a call for a season to simply do nothing but trust , esp, when it seems nothing is working out, little is happening, it is a call to faith and a call to Know, a knowing, full hearted knowing, our lord has everything under control.

If you have been upset, fearful, not knowing what to do, it may be the lord saying, do nothing at present and stand still and see the salvation of God. This is very hard for many of us, but it is a must in these times. No matter what, when, it is all in our lords hands, we can not do anything that would please God, nor make him love us anymore than he already does. He is the lord that knows every hair on our head and even every hair that falls to the ground, our hairs are numbered that is simply amazing.

This message spoke loud and clear to me, stop activity , trust, rest , and know who God is, this takes being still. The Hebrew words said it all, a mending, a calmness, a resting time and healing.

I have been driven by, 'Redeem the time for the days of evil', the lord gave me a personal insight to this, I always thought it meant, pray hard, study hard, minister hard, time is running out, the lord said for me it means to properly redeem the time, make the best use of time, is to understand he is in control and to redeem the truth we are nothing, we can not work anything out, we must simply trust and obey, and be still, quiet,' in quietness and confidence is our strength'. A time for honest confidence in the lord, he is God, and we should have confidence in him, and who is is.

I must say , this is simple, it is corrective, but it also brought peace to my mind, and rest to my soul, I pray this does the same thing for you beloved, he is in control, we simply wait in faith, and wait in holy humble prayer.

God has EVERYTHING under control.
Think on this

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service