Translate

Monday, March 20, 2017

A Call To Be A Mad Man-IN A World Gone Mad

Note: I sent this word I was given to many people, Bible college students, board, friends I now post it today a solid word.

 
2Ki 9:11 Then Jehu came forth to the servants of his lord: and one said unto him, Is all well? wherefore came this mad fellow to thee? And he said unto them, Ye know the man, and his communication.

In this word I will start with what several commentaries wrote on this verse.

Gill:

wherefore came this mad fellow to thee? so profane men, especially the worshippers of Baal, as those captains might be, were wont to call the prophets of the Lord, because of their habit, their manner of living, and the gestures they sometimes used in prophesying, and especially because of the things they prophesied of; and even prophets were sometimes called so, because, in the time of their prophesying, they appeared as madmen (m), and in a frenzy:


Clarke:

2 Kings 9:11

Wherefore came this mad fellow to thee? - Was it because he was a holy man of God that he was reputed by a club of irreligious officers to be a madman? In vain do such pretend that they fight for religion, and are the guardians of the public welfare and morals, if they persecute religion and scoff at holy men. But this has been an old custom with all the seed, the sons, of the serpent.

As to religious soldiers, they are far to seek, and ill to find, according to the old proverb.

JFB:

2 Kings 9:11

Is all well? etc. — Jehu’s attendants knew that the stranger belonged to the order of the prophets by his garb, gestures, and form of address; and soldiers such as they very readily concluded such persons to be crackbrained, not only from the sordid negligence of their personal appearance and their open contempt of the world, but from the religious pursuits in which their whole lives were spent, and the grotesque actions which they frequently performed (compare Jer_29:26).

Matthew Henry;

2 Kings 9:11-15

Jehu, after some pause, returned to his place at the board, taking no notice of what had passed, but, as it should seem, designing, for the present, to keep it to himself, if they had not urged him to disclose it. Let us therefore see what passed between him and the captains.

I. With what contempt the captains speak of the young prophet (2Ki_9:11): “Wherefore came this mad fellow to thee? What business had he with thee? And why wouldst thou humour him so far as to retire for conversation with him? Are prophets company for captains?” They are called him a mad fellow, because he was one of those that would not run with them to an excess of riot (1Pe_4:4), but lived a life of self-denial, mortification, and contempt of the world, and spent their time in devotion; for these things they thought the prophets were fools and the spiritual men were mad, Hos_9:7.

Note, Those that have no religion commonly speak with disdain of those that are religious, and look upon them as mad. They said of our Saviour, He is beside himself, of John Baptist, He has a devil (is a poor melancholy man), of St. Paul, Much learning has made him mad.

The highest wisdom is thus represented as folly, and those that best understand themselves are looked upon as beside themselves. Perhaps Jehu intended it for a rebuke to his friends when he said, “You know the man to be a prophet, why then do you call him a mad fellow? You know the way of his communication to be not from madness, but inspiration.” Or, “Being a prophet, you may guess what his business is, to tell me of my faults, and to teach me my duty; I need not inform you concerning it.

Coke:

2 Kings 9:11

2Ki_9:11. Wherefore came this mad fellow to thee?— See Num_11:25. The officers who were in company with Jehu might easily perceive, by the air, habit, and manner of speech of the person who accosted Jehu so boldly, and when he had done his business vanished so suddenly, that he was a prophet; but then there might be several reasons which might induce men of their profession to have a contemptible opinion of men of that order.

The rigid and obscure course of life which the prophets led, and their neglect of the things of this world, might pass with them for a kind of infatuation, and the holy exercises to which they devoted themselves, for no more than a religious phrenzy;

Note; (1.) It is not the last time that God's zealous servants have been called madmen. Thus Paul was branded, and even the blessed Jesus; let none of his followers therefore marvel, if a carnal world still judge thus of them. (2.) If worldly men expect from God's prophets reproof and religious conversation, let them not be disappointed by an endeavour to secure their regard at the expense of silence, or any sinful compliance.

Geneva Bible Notes:

The world always holds the ministers of God is this estimation and has always slandered the children of God (they called the Son of God a deceiver, and said he had the devil) therefore they should not be discouraged.

The Hebrew word for Mad in this verse means-

Strongs;

H7696

שָׁגַע
shâga‛
shaw-gah'

A primitive root; to rave through insanity: - (be, play the) mad (man).


The Hebrew word, and commentaries all agree and tell us in different words the image the ancient's thought of the Prophets, in the O.T. in the N.T. We read-John the Baptist, Jesus, Paul, they were considered mad men because they preached with zeal, power and bold truth, they were looked at as fanatics, are you a fanatic for Jesus?

The day of reckoning is at hand, our lord will come and avenge the blood of his saints and the Prophets, as we read in Revelations, this is a foreshadow of the second coming of Jesus as he takes out evil with the sword of his mouth, his word, yes His word still cuts like a knife, and the un -holy will be separated forever from the Holiness of the lord, the redeemed of the saints, by the blood of the lamb-King, at this time will be vindicated, not before.

Rev 6:9 And when he had opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of them that were slain for the word of God, and for the testimony which they held:

Rev 6:10 And they cried with a loud voice, saying, How long, O Lord, holy and true, dost thou not judge and avenge our blood on them that dwell on the earth?

Rev 6:11 And white robes were given unto every one of them; and it was said unto them, that they should rest yet for a little season, until their fellowservants also and their brethren, that should be killed as they were, should be fulfilled.

This avenging will not happen until the second coming, until that time, we take up our cross and follow the lord . Let us proclaim boldly the Gospel truth, let us all be called mad men and women. We are foreigners, we are pilgrims, this is not our home.

So, beloved what will you do, compromise, or be looked at as one that is of the devil, a false witness, a trouble maker, not politically correct, a fanatic, an enemy of the state, people who turn the world upside down, while the world is being turned upside down, but in judgment.

Let the watchmen and women not give in, or give up in these evil days, but let us make our stand on holy ground. Jesus is lord, he is the ONLY way to Jehovah God, and the Only way to heaven, what a radical truth. May the mad men speak with passion and compassion, but humbly bold, baptized with Fire, with a deep passion for the lord Jesus Christ , let it be so today.

Are you a mad man, a mad women for Jesus?, Are you living what seems and odd , separated , consecrated life for our lord?

A deep, gross darkness has fallen on this apostate world, it will get darker, but you 'oh man men and women, you will be that light on a hill, in the darkness let the lord shine through you and show mankind the truth, sound doctrine, repentance and restoration.

I pray you grasp this message, it may see you through the hard days around the corner, the lord is still, and always will be, our secret hiding place, our refuge from the storm, our fortress and in Him alone we must trust. amen

I end with JN ch 16 it is fitting and the truth.


Joh 16:1 These things have I spoken unto you, that ye should not be offended.

Joh 16:2 They shall put you out of the synagogues: yea, the time cometh, that whosoever killeth you will think that he doeth God service.

Joh 16:3 And these things will they do unto you, because they have not known the Father, nor me.

Joh 16:4 But these things have I told you, that when the time shall come, ye may remember that I told you of them. And these things I said not unto you at the beginning, because I was with you.

Joh 16:5 But now I go my way to him that sent me; and none of you asketh me, Whither goest thou?

Joh 16:6 But because I have said these things unto you, sorrow hath filled your heart.
Joh 16:7 Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.

Joh 16:8 And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:

Joh 16:9 Of sin, because they believe not on me;

Joh 16:10 Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;

Joh 16:11 Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.

Joh 16:12 I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.

Joh 16:13 Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.

Joh 16:14 He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:15 All things that the Father hath are mine: therefore said I, that he shall take of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

Joh 16:16 A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me, because I go to the Father.

Joh 16:17 Then said some of his disciples among themselves, What is this that he saith unto us, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me: and, Because I go to the Father?

Joh 16:18 They said therefore, What is this that he saith, A little while? we cannot tell what he saith.

Joh 16:19 Now Jesus knew that they were desirous to ask him, and said unto them, Do ye enquire among yourselves of that I said, A little while, and ye shall not see me: and again, a little while, and ye shall see me?

Joh 16:20 Verily, verily, I say unto you, That ye shall weep and lament, but the world shall rejoice: and ye shall be sorrowful, but your sorrow shall be turned into joy.

Joh 16:21 A woman when she is in travail hath sorrow, because her hour is come: but as soon as she is delivered of the child, she remembereth no more the anguish, for joy that a man is born into the world.

Joh 16:22 And ye now therefore have sorrow: but I will see you again, and your heart shall rejoice, and your joy no man taketh from you.

Joh 16:23 And in that day ye shall ask me nothing. Verily, verily, I say unto you, Whatsoever ye shall ask the Father in my name, he will give it you.

Joh 16:24 Hitherto have ye asked nothing in my name: ask, and ye shall receive, that your joy may be full.

Joh 16:25 These things have I spoken unto you in proverbs: but the time cometh, when I shall no more speak unto you in proverbs, but I shall shew you plainly of the Father.

Joh 16:26 At that day ye shall ask in my name: and I say not unto you, that I will pray the Father for you:

Joh 16:27 For the Father himself loveth you, because ye have loved me, and have believed that I came out from God.

Joh 16:28 I came forth from the Father, and am come into the world: again, I leave the world, and go to the Father.

Joh 16:29 His disciples said unto him, Lo, now speakest thou plainly, and speakest no proverb.

Joh 16:30 Now are we sure that thou knowest all things, and needest not that any man should ask thee: by this we believe that thou camest forth from God.

Joh 16:31 Jesus answered them, Do ye now believe?

Joh 16:32 Behold, the hour cometh, yea, is now come, that ye shall be scattered, every man to his own, and shall leave me alone: and yet I am not alone, because the Father is with me.

Joh 16:33 These things I have spoken unto you, that in me ye might have peace. In the world ye shall have tribulation: but be of good cheer; I have overcome the world.

Beloved, may it be so with all of you reading this today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service