Translate

Sunday, March 12, 2017

Pastor Dr. Charles Novak Title: Sin

I feel a little indifferent about writing on this subject. We all sin, me, you , everyone all of us sin, and due to the fact of being humans we will never be able to live sinless lives. Now just because we are human, this is no excuse for sinning, but due to the fall of man in the Garden of Eden, we can never be perfect, but with that being said, we should try to lead our lives in such a way, to walk down the path, not to sin. And yes, as I just said, we will never be sinless, but we should try to at least on a daily basis try to walk in a “less sinless” manner. This includes me also, as I feel as I am king of all sinners who ever sinned.

This is the inevitable dark cloud that shadows us all, it shows no favor on one or the other, it is on us all. And the absolute mind boggling thing is, I believe most people are good and don't want to sin, but due to our sinful nature, we do it anyway, even when we don't want to. We see that the apostle suffered from this also as we read in (Romans Chapter 15 Verses 15 Through 21 English Standard Version) “For I do not understand my own actions. For I do not do what I want, but I do the very thing I hate. Now if I do what I do not want, I agree with the law, that it is good. So now it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. For I know that nothing good dwells in me, that is, in my flesh. For I have the desire to do what is right, but not the ability to carry it out. For I do not do the good I want, but the evil I do not want is what I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells within me. So I find it to be a law that when I want to do right, evil lies close at hand.”

So we see that even those who were closest to Jesus, our Savior, the Son God, those who seen Him face to face, and were able to touch Him, and live with Him daily, were just as vulnerable to, and committed sin, just as we do today, but I feel that the people today are more worse in their sin then the people in the time of Jesus. I feel that as people go on in time that our sin grows along with our arrogance, pride, conceit, being puffed up and our boastfulness. And through all this we continue to grow more out of hand. Two thousand years has elapsed since our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ walked this Earth, and I believe man has continually moved forward in achieving a degree in the art of mastering sin, and as I see it, we strive to learn it perfectly. Just look at the world around us...but then again this is just my thoughts, as I am sure that you have your own.

But how do I know for sure that sin is not just isolated to some, and not to all mankind? I will let the Bible answer that questions, as we see in ( Romans Chapter 3 Verse 23 English Standard Version) “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God” This single verse of scripture gives all the proof necessary to show us  that we all have sinned before our Mighty, Holy God, no one person is exempt. Even in the fist book of the Bible, the book of Genesis, we see that God explains sin to Able and Cain, we read in (Genesis Chapter 4 Verses 3 Through 7 English Standard Version) “In the course of time Cain brought to the LORD an offering of the fruit of the ground, and Abel also brought of the firstborn of his flock and of their fat portions. And the LORD had regard for Abel and his offering, but for Cain and his offering he had no regard. So Cain was very angry, and his face fell. The LORD said to Cain, "Why are you angry, and why has your face fallen? If you do well, will you not be accepted? And if you do not do well, sin is crouching at the door. Its desire is for you, but you must rule over it."

We all have heard at one time or another from certain individuals that the Bible is old and outdated, or that the Bible does not relate to us people “today” as it did when it was written. By the way, just saying this should be considered sin, but the bible is just as relevant today as it was when it was written. We will look at a Bible Verse, and you see for yourself if it does not still to this day define mankind properly, and to the fullest. Let us look at scripture from (Galatians Chapter 5 Verses 19 Through 21 English Standard Version) “Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, orgies, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.” It is not the Bible that has changed in the infallibility of the Word, also neither has man changed from his sinful ways.

We can even see that man who lived in the days of the Bible knew their sins and ask to be guided be the Grace of God, this we read in (Psalm 119 Verses 25 Through 29 Bible in Basic English) “My soul is joined to the dust: O give me life, in keeping with your word. I put the record of my ways before you, and you gave me an answer: O give me knowledge of your rules. Make the way of your orders clear to me; then my thoughts will be ever on your wonders. My soul is wasted with sorrow; give me strength again in keeping with your word. Take from me every false way; and in mercy give me your law.”

Although we as mere humans will fall over and over again in our sin, we must remember that we serve, and have a God who never grows tired, and will never fall as we do, in fact He will lift us up. This we read in (Isiah Chapter 40 Verses 28 Through 31 English Standard Version) “ Have you not known? Have you not heard? The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength. Even youths shall faint and be weary, and young men shall fall exhausted; but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.”

So although this is easier said than done, what then can we as humans do to at least begin to walk down a daily path of less sin in our lives? The answer we see in (Colossians Chapter 3 Verses 5 and 6 English Standard Version) “Put to death therefore what is earthly in you: sexual immorality, impurity, passion, evil desire, and covetousness, which is idolatry. On account of these the wrath of God is coming.” God wants us not to sin, but God Himself knows that this for humans is a impossibility, so God wants us to try to sin less, at work and try to not sin, as impossible as it is, we need to put in the effort, remember that is you and me.

As hard as turning from the daily thing that we humans do so much, which is sin, we must come to wonder. “what is there for me if I accept Jesus Christ as my personal Savior, and do try to stop sinning? And this is a valid question, also this is a question, or at least a very similar question by those who are not saved, or those who have just be saved. And the answer given to us in the Bible in (Colossians Chapter 3 Verse 4 English Standard Version) “When Christ who is your life appears, then you also will appear with him in glory.” Our Glory is in Jesus Christ, and is also with Jesus Christ, and this with Him shall we be also, when He is in our Lives. God gives us everything, from all of creation, to sending His only Son to bear our guilt, our penalty on the cross at Calvary, dying, and resurrecting by the power of God Himself. Giving the gift of the Holy Spirit, and the promise that He will return again for His chosen people. Remember that this is you and me also, and what a comforting thought that is to know, that if we let Him, Jesus will be with us now, and when He returns, we will be with Him forever. This is every reason to try to walk a path of less sin in our lives, for the promised Glory of His life, for us to be lived with Him, now and forever more.

May the Word of God pierce our hardened hearts, and may the scales fall from our eyes, so that we are not blind to the world. And may we see, know, and believe in the promises that we are given in the Bible by our God. Bring us to you O Lord, may our hearts sing of Glory, Praise, and Honor to your name always.......Amen




No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service