Sunday, April 9, 2017

Zayin Ps. 119:49-56 Remember The Word Unto Thy Servant-Comfort In Affliction



Psa 119:49 ZAIN. Remember the word unto thy servant, upon which thou hast caused me to hope.

Psa 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.

Psa 119:51 The proud have had me greatly in derision: yet have I not declined from thy law.

Psa 119:52 I remembered thy judgments of old, O LORD; and have comforted myself.
Psa 119:53 Horror hath taken hold upon me because of the wicked that forsake thy law.

Psa 119:54 Thy statutes have been my songs in the house of my pilgrimage.

Psa 119:55 I have remembered thy name, O LORD, in the night, and have kept thy law.
Psa 119:56 This I had, because I kept thy precepts.

ISBE;

Zayin
za´yin ()ז: The 7th letter of the Hebrew alphabet; transliterated in this Encyclopedia as “z”. It came also to be used for the number 7. For name, etc., see ALPHABET.

The message the lord gave me to share is from vrs. 49-50

Barnes:

Remember the word unto thy servant - This commences a new division of the psalm, in which each verse begins with the Hebrew letter Zayin (ז z) - answering to our “z.” There is nothing special in this portion of the psalm as indicated by the letter. The language here is a prayer that God would not forget what he had promised; that all that he had said might be fulfilled; that the expectations and hopes which he had raised in the mind might be realised. It is language which may be used with reverence, and without any implication that God would forget - as a child might with propriety and love ask a parent to remember a promise which he had made.

Upon which thou hast caused me to hope - That is, All the hope which I have has been excited by thy word; thy promises. I have no other source of hope; I cherish no other hope. I pray now, since that hope has been thus excited in me, that I may realize all I have been led to desire and to expect. The word of God is the only foundation of hope for people; and when our hopes are fairly built on that, we have a right to appeal to God that he will make it good.


It is biblical to pray the word. Christians when they pray would do well to pray the word, it literally reminds the lord things he said in his word. The lord does not need to be reminded, he knows all, we need to remind him for our self and the best way is praying the word.


Many find it hard, or odd to pray the word and say in humility ,”Lord you said in your word”. This is what we are to do.


We can not come in prayer with such assurance when we pray a certain presumed promise, or an extra biblical word, or something we read, heard a minister say to us. True doctrine is the very word of the bible. If you pray the promises in the word you can be sure that is heard and our lord acknowledges it, because he said it.


Vrs. 50 says;
Psa 119:50 This is my comfort in my affliction: for thy word hath quickened me.


It is our comfort in our times of affliction, it is the word-the bible that quickens us.
The Hebrew word for Hath Quickened is;
BDB:
H2421
חיה
châyâh
BDB Definition:
1) to live, have life, remain alive, sustain life, live prosperously, live for ever, be quickened, be alive, be restored to life or health
1a) (Qal)
1a1) to live
1a1a) to have life
1a1b) to continue in life, remain alive
1a1c) to sustain life, to live on or upon
1a1d) to live (prosperously)
1a2) to revive, be quickened
1a2a) from sickness
1a2b) from discouragement
1a2c) from faintness
1a2d) from death
1b) (Piel)
1b1) to preserve alive, let live
1b2) to give life
1b3) to quicken, revive, refresh
1b3a) to restore to life
1b3b) to cause to grow
1b3c) to restore
1b3d) to revive
1c) (Hiphil)
1c1) to preserve alive, let live
1c2) to quicken, revive
1c2a) to restore (to health)
1c2b) to revive
1c2c) to restore to life


The word means to restore, heal, revive. This is what the bible , and it's promises do.
I used to have these two Vrs on my refrigerator, I would read it daily. I would say over and over concerning basic N.T. Promises, 'Lord you said in your word'.
At times it seems the most basic promises are for everyone else , but not you.
I can not explain why this is, all we can do is stand on the word, our faith in our lord and accept his workings even when we do not understand it. The lord knows what he is doing and why even when we do not. I have learned not to question the lord as to why he is allowing an affliction, it is prudent to accept all, as nothing can come to us that our lord does not allow.
Reader, are you in affliction, tribulation, worry, fear, perplexity? Cast all your cares and anxieties upon him, for he cares for you.
No human can be looked to in such extreme times as we live in, it must be the lord and his holy word.
I am still reading emails from people around the world that are in the battle of their life.
The lord, by his grace and the prayers of the bride of Christ world wide for my wife has brought mighty peace, comfort and hope.


Times are hard, so many suffer, so many live on so little, and more pay check to pay check, many do not know how they will pay their bills, many have sick love ones, or have an illness them self, and even when the healing does not come we have the rock Christ Jesus to stand on. It is a time when the lord is teaching us all patience.


My message to you is one of comfort, I have been comforted, the bible says comfort others with the same comfort you have received. I have said many times, when you are going through a hard time the best thing to do is minister to others, this brings a peace that is hard to explain, try this today and see if you do not feel much better as you minister to others that are hurting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service