Translate

Tuesday, May 30, 2017

The Day That Superman Died -By John R. Davis Guest Writer

This is the same brother that sent the last message, via snail mail, PTL, also he gave some much needed help, We were facing homelessness, Faith said, 'No', our flesh was starting to get a tad worried. The lord works through people, the lord said, 'Stop looking to man, look to me, have faith in me, and than I will use man, or anyway I choose'. Still need help this month, so please do what you are lead, now this brother from M.O. St. -Note: A timely word, as the area had a car pile up yesterday due to a freak wind storm, and many were hurt in cars. I will be posting footage of the storm tonight and some FYI, some bad news, good news, and spiritual warfare. The vid will be posted around 1 am, or so.
RE POST


It was a beautiful Spring morning, and my mother and I were on our way home from grocery shopping. We were a little over a mile away from home, when we came upon a car accident that I will never forget. I never stop at car accidents, but this time I felt very compelled to do so. As I pulled the car over to the shoulder to a stop, I said to my mother, “ I'll be right back, I'm going to see if I can help.”

As I walked up to the scene of the accident, I saw a twisted mass of metal that was once a blue minivan. As I made my way up closer, there were five or six people standing near the victim who was thrown at least fifty feet from his vehicle. There was a women leaning over the man on the ground saying in a shaky voice, “ honey, hang in there, the ambulance is coming soon, hang in there honey, hang in there.” Then I saw the man who will forever be etched upon my mind.

He was a mountain of a man with big arms, a huge chest, a shaved head, and a superman logo tattooed on his upper right arm. He was laying flat on his back, his right leg was twisted, and nearly torn off. His eyes were wide opened and completely glassed over. There was a trickle of blood running down from his mouth, and every five or six seconds his huge chest would heave, fighting for air. But what I remember the most was that when he would exhale that blood would spray up into the air, and fall back down onto his face.

There was nothing that any of us could do except wait for the ambulance. I got down on my knees in front of the others, and laid my hand on his broken body and said a short prayer. I said, “ Heavenly father, if it is your will, would you please touch this man and give him one more chance at life, in the name of Jesus I ask you, amen.” Then I heard an, “amen” from a women behind me. The whole scene was just surreal, and beyond anything I ever experienced in my entire life.

The struggle for life and death, heaven and hell, and all of eternity was taking place right before my eyes. While this was going on, I thought it interesting that the world did not stop for this poor man. The sun was shining brightly, the sky was brilliant blue, the birds were singing and a cool breeze was blowing. Finally the ambulance arrived and I moved out of the way as the paramedics began working on him. As I walked back to my car, I was almost sure that he was gone. At home after lunch, I walked around to the side of our house, which offers some privacy. I remember looking up at the blue sky and feeling tears roll down my face, thinking about what I had just witnessed, and I remember thank God that I was saved, and ready to meet the lord had that been me in the accident.

Almost two weeks later, I was driving by where the accident occurred, and someone had placed a cross at the scene where he had indeed died. I have wondered many things about this man, but out of all the things that I have wondered the most about that tragic event is, what what was going on in his mind just one minute before the accident? Was he thinking that good deed of changing an old gentleman’s tire that he had done recently now made him acceptable in the eyes of God? Was he thinking about buying his wife some roses, just to let her know he still cared? Was he singing and praising the lord, and thanking him for such a beautiful day? Had he just fallen in love, and could not get his new girlfriend out of his mind?

Was he rehearsing sporting statistics over and over again in his mind, so that he could impress his new friends down at the sports bar? Was he smiling thinking back to that wild get -away weekend of drinking and adultery- the one his wife thought was on an out of town business trip? Was he suffering from depression, and thinking no one cared for him? Was he thinking of his godly Christian parents and feeling shame and remorse for the way he was secretly living his life? Was he thinking about that preacher on the radio that had just convicted him of his sins, but he turned him off thinking to himself- “ I know that I'm not right with God, but I'll get right with Jesus tomorrow.”

Those six words, “ I'll get right with Jesus tomorrow,” have put untold millions in hell for eternity. 2 Corinthians 6:2 says, Behold now is the accepted time, behold now is the day of salvation. Hebrews 4:7 says, Today if ye will hear his voice, harden not your hearts.

I have no idea what was really going on in the mind of the man that was killed right before he died, nor do I know his spiritual condition whether lost, saved, or backslidden. But you, reader are alive and still on the planet at this very moment in time.

If you have never accepted Jesus Christ as your personal savior, will you please do so today? There is nothing more important in the entire wold, ask Him to come into your heart, and save you , and to forgive you of all your sins. If you are sincere, he will do it and it will be the greatest day of your life.


Thank-you My brother for that word, I must say, it was very, very hard for me to write with a dry eye, why? As last night my 46 year old brother in-law, Brian Crombie, my sisters husband, died of a sudden heart attck. In Yermo, in the same house me and my wife lived at when we were taking care of the same old man. The same house, all day I have been thinking, what was his last thought? He was a hard working, good man, a New England Pats fan 100%, he still talked like a good ole, N.E. Hard core. I said to myself, as he has had a hard time in Yermo, as I have, will I ever get out of this place, and when I do , it will be a pine box, the lord said, the place the ministry is at is our last stop, next flight is to glory, meaning I will die right in Yermo also. Sad.
Hard to write, and my thoughts and prayers for his kids have been heavy on my mind, this was very hard to write, but thank -you

No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service