Translate

Wednesday, August 9, 2017

Exceeding The Scribes and Pharisees-A Personal Confession


 

 

NOTE: In this Message, I start with a teaching, but the end is my heart pouring out in honest confession to you beloved.


Mat 5:19 Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.

Mat 5:20 For I say unto you, That except your righteousness shall exceed the righteousness of the scribes and Pharisees, ye shall in no case enter into the kingdom of heaven.

RWP;

Matthew 5:19

Shall do and teach (poiēsēi kai didaxēi). Jesus puts practice before preaching.
The teacher must apply the doctrine to himself before he is qualified to teach others.
The scribes and Pharisees were men who “say and do not” (Mat_23:3), who preach but do not perform.
This is Christ’s test of greatness.

Cambridge;

Matthew 5:19

Again addressed to the Apostles as teachers. The union of doing and teaching is essential. It was the grave sin of the Pharisees that they taught without doing. See Ch. Mat_23:2-3. This explains the next verse.

Who were the Scribes? What were they?

Scribes-PCBL
Scribes, a learned body of men, otherwise denominated lawyers, whose influence with the Jewish nation was very great at the time when our Savior appeared.

In the New Testament, the scribes are found as a body of high state functionaries, who, in conjunction with the Pharisees and the high priests, constituted the Sanhedrin, and united all the resources of their power and learning in order to entrap and destroy the Savior of mankind.
Cyclopedia-Strong's and McClintock's

Scribes, Jewish;

These persons (called in Heb. סוֹפְרִים, sopherim; Gr. γραμματεῖς) were originally merely writers or copyists of the law, who followed this business as a mode of livelihood; but eventually, they rose to the rank of a learned profession — becoming the doctors of the law and interpreters of the Scriptures. As such they frequently appear in the New Test., and occasionally in the later books of the Old, and their office gradually became of still more importance after the dissolution of the Jewish Commonwealth.

I always knew the truth that no one was to be called a DR. This is where it first came from. Having a DR degree and running a college granting Dr. Degrees, it honestly is not biblical. Crazy for a Dean to say this, but it is the truth.

The message is simple, in red up top is where the meat is.

This is what the word will be based on.


Shall do and teach (poiēsēi kai didaxēi). Jesus puts practice before preaching.
The teacher must apply the doctrine to himself before he is qualified to teach others.
The scribes and Pharisees were men who “say and do not” (Mat_23:3), who preach but do not perform.
This is Christ’s test of greatness.

Cross Reference, this is what the message is saying.

 Psa 51:10  Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.

Psa 51:11  Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me.

Psa 51:12  Restore unto me the joy of thy salvation; and uphold me with thy free spirit.

Psa 51:13  Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto thee.

 

This is pointed at Teachers, Preachers, Academics, but to all Christians. We are instructed to teach one another in songs, psalms, and spiritual songs. It is a truth we must be teachable, all of us.

To live the Christian life and not just speak, or say things we do not do, this makes us not exceeding the Scribes and Pharisees. Those who speak of Christ to others, but do not perform the Christian walk.

This is not a word of exhortation, it has some of that, and this is very personal, as you will read.

Dry times, the heavens are brass, an eclipse of faith; these are things David Wilkerson has wrote on and preached on many times. Sometimes it has nothing to do with a secret sin, it is how the Lord breaks us to bring Jesus back into our focus.
I am in that place, I have been feeling in the last Two months un- qualified to teach anyone, anything, this happens, it is where powerful words are birthed, the thorn in the flesh is for a reason.

One big thorn that causes me anguish is my grammar. A student got me Grammarly and another, office 2000; I needed Word, even an old version. I looked at writings I did in these programs and felt O' Lord I look like an idiot. But get this, I was doing a Herb writing, much was from high-level Herbal text books, it had more grammar mistakes than my own words, I had comfort from that. I strive to be better in grammar but need help, these things help. Off topic, but I wanted to say, it has been hard work, slowly correcting posts, and writings, it will take a long time as I have thousands do re -do. This message has many errors and I am posting it as it is, Grammarly takes away your own words and tries to have you re -write it, so its dull and not what my heart wants to say. The program has a steep learning curve, for me that is. Back to the message I have.

This is a thorn, it's humbling, it's embarrassing, but even great novelists, all writers have a pro editor, and all do.

This sparked a dry spell, it took my eyes off Jesus and I felt no better than a scribe and nothing more, a big wake up call. This goes with the word, when we are dry, dead, the heavens are brass, no word from the throne, and no anointing, it is the greatest anguish any minister, or Christian will face.

May I, may you, exceed the scribes and Pharisees.

It's never fun to write such things, I feel by doing so, others can relate to it and say, ‘wow, I feel that and am going through that also'.

Is that you beloved, have you lost your first love, have you taken your eyes off only Jesus? I have and it’s killing me. There is hope for me and you, we are only one prayer away from being clean that is the wonder of the Gospel, if it would take more on our part it would be legalistic, and make the blood atonement of no effect.

Confess your sins to one another, that you may be healed, so my honest confession for the world to read will heal me, it can heal you as you have someone you can confide in, doing so public, I was not sure. David Wilkerson did this often, the Apostles did, so who am I?

The Lord allows dry times until we break, and I did last night, and I got a breakthrough, PTL for that.

I have always said, the best sermons we hear are from a minister who has gone through what he is preaching, going through it in the present, and has the scars to prove it. Do you have those blessed stripes, the Pharisees did not, one can take the easy way, not the narrow way, one leads to hell, the other eternal life, what road have you chosen? It is a commitment, and we all fail many times, repent over and over, it's the way of our holy Pilgrimage.

We are called to be in the world, but not of the world. You need not be a worldly Christian, what I am saying is, taking our eyes off Jesus, letting the news, events, and world chaos, causes us to get distracted. I found this happens easily, and after one brick at a time has fallen slowly, and un- noticed, the wall now has a breach.

The devil is out to weary the saints and he has made more progress than the Church, this is the truth. May we all come back to our Lord in simplicity and faith, anything else is man made religion.

It has broken my heart when the websites lost many readers, this has not ended, I was in sorrow. The Lord allowed it to get my attention as all things do work out for our good. WE may not understand why the Lord allows so many things in our lives and others, know this, the Lord allows it as a breaking point and also a restoration point, It all starts with confession and after we are healed.

I was not in sorrow because few readers mean no love offerings; this almost never happens it is honestly a depression as few ‘one hearts’ are getting to a site with sound doctrine. If you take a stand and go public, such messages like this will be scorned at, the enemy will bring trolls and condemners, I know this, and I accept it.

 I pray you beloved are getting something from this, thus I open my heart wide and leave the results to God. I am a fool for Christ, nothing more, but becoming foolish in certain things is un- wise, I stand guilty.


I end with a word of encouragement.

No human is the way out, only one on one prayer with the Lord, if you are dry, do not seek out others to give you a word, get the word for yourself. You will not be rejected by our High Priest and intercessor, Jesus, the Lamb of God, The Lion, the King, Jesus is still on the throne, and beloved by Jesus blood we have full access to the holy of holies. The enemy will lie and say,’ You hypocrite, your dry, you're raising your hands and you have worry and unbelief, look at you, rejected, forsaken and your God is nowhere to be found'. This is the father of lies and our own flesh.

What did satan say during Jesus 40 days in the wilderness, the place of temptation? The devil said each time. ‘You say you are… this, that, you say. This same devil does the same thing to us today he wants to make us think we are orphans, fatherless, just wondering through our deserts, dry times. It's an un- holy identity crises, not Psychology, but our identity as the image of Jesus.

Man says, the enemy says, especially when you are down you will be kicked and attacked, ‘you say you are…a Christian; you say you are… on and on.
This is the school of Christ, this is boot camp, this is the Christian walk, so we embrace this, learn, repent and move on fully, not partially, but fully restored, and fully alive in Christ.

I pray someone reading this will find comfort, I pray beloved if you are going through similar things you can learn from a simple preacher, with a broken heart for the world, our Country dying, and the loss of Bible Christianity in this dark world.

We can do nothing about this, the sun rises on the evil and the righteous, the rain falls on the evil and the just, that does not seem fair, it causes many to question God, I have come to learn, I must pray and love my enemies, I do not have a lot of enemies as I do not see many people in the desert mission of solitude, this is common in mission work. Online, well… let the chips fall where they will, I care not, beloved you should not take to heart anything, anyone says," Father forgive them for they know not what they do', as the stones are cast, yet at that time you can see the heavens open and see the glory of Jesus on the throne. May you see this today?

NOTE: A few hours after I did this post I just now read in one of the devotions in E-Sword
Wow, it really goes with this 100%

 August 9


Rylisms

Something Truly Inspiring

“This I call to mind, therefore I hope.” (Lam_3:21)

Talk about a bad day; no, check that — a really bad day. No, worse even — a really, really bad stretch of really bad, bad days. That is what our lamenting poet is trying to describe for us in classic hyperbole as he tells of his awful woes .

“I am the man that hath seen affliction by the rod of his wrath,” he begins. And what follows is nothing less than gloom, despair, and agony!

To summarize for you — He is a man in the darkness, and not the light; and the Lord is turned against him all day long. His skin is old, and dried up, and his bones frail and brittle. He is fenced in all about with bitterness, chained with travail, and his prayers have been banished from entering heaven! People have made his situation the subject of derision; his soul is far removed from peace, and he has long forgotten what it was like to walk in prosperity.

See what I mean? This guy is having a really, really, really bad day.

Occasionally you run across something in the Bible that makes you wonder why it’s in there. Something dark and disturbing; something you don’t want to read, because it makes you think that it might happen to you. But I’m a preacher, so I have to read it!  And so, for your sake I draw a deep breath, man-up to the moment of truth, face my fears and read the dreadful passage.

And then I discover something truly inspiring.

Listen to this extraordinary statement this embattled man makes in the same breath with which he tells us his woeful tale — “but this I call to mind, therefore I hope. It is of the LORD’S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassion's fail not. They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness” (Lam_3:22-23).

In this man’s darkest moment God’s light shines the brightest of all! Corrie Ten Boom said of her experience in the Nazi prison camp Ravenbruck, “There is no pit so deep, but that God’s love is not deeper still.”

We all have our bad days. And we all have God’s very own assurance that He will never permit us to be tested above what we are able to bear. We each have the opportunity to choose our response to every situation that we face.

God is looking for that man or woman who can say with Job, “though He slay me, yet will I trust Him.” Those who, like lamenting Jeremiah, nevertheless find hope in the midst of their most hopeless moments – and give glory to God even though Satan and circumstances all but demand that they curse Him.

I have the distinct feeling that I am writing this particular post for someone very specific today. Is it you?



No comments:

Post a Comment

No Troll , Moles, Or Holes LOL.no links to product or service